Friday, September 2, 2011

On Second Thought


Fuck that old guy he ran up to a Black man and told him to sit down and shut up and not necessarily because he was speaking loudly. I think the issue was he was speaking English to a Korean girl and that old fuck wanted to put him in his place. He was trying to assert dominance over someone he saw as inferior and instead of meekly genuflecting my man scared some years off of his life.



I came to this conclusion after reviewing my time in Korea and the many times I had to forcefully push back against the tidal wave of Korean bullshit.The Koreans I met didn't respond to anything other than unmitigated rage. I tried to negotiate,compromise,patience and the only thing that seemed to work was the very real threat of getting a Timberland in the ass. There was the time people in my office referred to me as the "nigger". Or the time the school owner kept shining me on about when she would give me my reimbursement. The time I almost had to beat the fuck out of my boss's gay husband after they called the police on me because I was screaming at her in her office. Or my week back from Thailand. Or the bus incident . If some old fuck would have rolled up on me telling me to shut up after one of those days I would have unloaded on him too. That's not to say I condone laying hands on an old man in any way but the threat of laying heavy hands isn't beyond the pale.





11 comments:

  1. Forget about your past. It'll only give you even more heartaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please answer me this : what are you doing in Asia bro? it doesn't seem to agree with you. Why not Africa? We need/ appreciate English teachers more than they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CD does have a valid point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taiwan is cooler than Korea plus my girl lives here

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the other hand I am being sued in a blood money shakedown and I have been arrested here, but everytime I talk about leaving my girlfriend starts crying so I stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard Beloved was a disjointed mess that wasn't popular with anyone.Maybe i was already living in Asia but this movie was under my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is your gf an expat or a local?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^^
    "On the other hand I am being sued in a blood money shakedown and I have been arrested here, but everytime I talk about leaving my girlfriend starts crying so I stay."

    You have mentioned that you'd tell us this story in a few weeks and it has been over a month. I'm looking forward to hearing about your travails in Taiwan; don't pull a Sarah Palin on us.

    Concerning your gf. Do you plan on getting back to the US? If so, why not marry her? If not, I think you like Thailand based on what I've read on your blog. Can she join you there? Have you looked at other places in nation-states in the Pacific Ocean (Samoa, East Timor, etc. if money is not an issue)?

    How about Latin America? Brazil is doing very well. Their currency is strong and while it was the largest slave-importing country in the Americans, based on anecdotal evidence of what I read, their racism isn't so institutionalized as it was with the English which passed on to USA culture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^I forgot to mention but China is getting involved in Africa a lot (mining, commodities, trade, etc.) Have you looked into African countries that China is trading with? I know your gf is Taiwanese but she must speak Mandarin, right? Hope it works out and you'd find a corner with her on this planet to stay together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I promise I'll get to the story but it is a lot of typing. As for my girl we are still deciding what to do

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^ Take your time; look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete